IP Infusion’s OcNOS-CSR to Enable Service Providers to Deploy 5G Wireless Services with Disaggregated Open Network Benefits
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IP Infusion, a leading provider of intelligent network software for telecom and data communications services, announced it will release OcNOS™-CSR, the industry’s first full-featured commercial network operating system specifically developed to support various features for cell site routing providing network operators, carriers and enterprises with the software solution needed to achieve the disaggregated networking model. OcNOS-CSR will be available for service providers in Q1, 2019.
“As bandwidth demands increase and service providers are investing to upgrade legacy wireless services and roll out new 5G services, mobile network operators are faced with the challenge to minimize operating costs and improve services,” said Atsushi Ogata, President and CEO of IP Infusion. “The OcNOS-CSR is the industry’s first commercial full-featured network OS enabling White Box network for various cell-site backhaul, helps assure network availability, resiliency, and provides best-in-class performance of mobile applications, Metro Ethernet Access and Business Access Services solutions at various cell-site backhauls.”
Instead of a vendor locked-in and proprietary solution models, a disaggregated networking offers network operators to build networks with diverse managed networks on their own, and rapidly deploy new networking features and services at lower Total Cost of Ownership.
OcNOS is the industry’s first full-featured network OS for White Box and features include advanced capabilities, such as extensive switching and routing protocol support, MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching), and SDN (software defined networking). OcNOS features hybrid, centralized or distribute network support; scalable, modular high-performance network; and a robust data plane built on merchant silicon.
OcNOS-CSR features line rate performance for all Layer 2 and Layer 3 interfaces (1-100 Gbps); supports platforms with flexible clocking options; Building Integrated Timing Supply (BITS), GPS (10Mhz, 1PPS/ToD),1588v2, and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE).
OcNOS-CSR works with ODM white box Aggregation Services Switch such as Accton-Edgecore AS7316-26XB, with 16x10G plus 8x25G plus 2x100G ports based on Qumran-AX switching silicon. The AS7316-26XB, when combined with OcNOS-CSR network operating system, provides carriers with a hardened, high-speed, low-power-consumption router/switch optimized for any-generation cell-site Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul and Ethernet access. By using EdgeCore AS7316-26XB switches along with OcNOS-CSR, network operators can reduce backhaul operating costs, simplify and converge their RAN and Ethernet access networks, and enhance their profit opportunities with mobile and premium Ethernet services.
OcNOS-CSR will help service providers deliver advanced services and reduce operating costs for mobile
backhaul and Carrier Ethernet access solutions. Benefits of OcNOS-CSR include:
- Network Simplification – Supports network virtualization using EVPN for multiple transports can simplify network operations by reducing the number of components that must be managed, supporting easier configuration. The OcNOS-CSR supports Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) and autonomic networking and service activation to accelerate network deployment and service turnup. The result is increased network scalability, improved service velocity, and lower operating costs.
- Service Scalability – Delivers line-rate performance (1-100 Gbps) and flexible service scalability even in compact form factor.
- Comprehensive Services – Features traffic engineering to provide services which can be prioritized and differentiated through hierarchical quality of service (HQoS) and security attributes.
- Timing and Synchronization Support – OcNOS enables the system to provide the timing services required in today’s converged access networks by offering integrated support for the BITS, 10-MHz, 1 pulse-per-second (PPS), and time-of-day (ToD) interfaces.
- Reliable Deployment – Enables OcNOS-CSR powered end-to-end mobile backhaul solution with transport and service redundancy via protection switching, graceful restarts, non-stop routing/forwarding for control plane protocols, loop free alternates for BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and BGP-PIC edge/core.
- Seamless Interworking, Investment Protection and Pay-as-You-Grow Investment Model – Offers built-in software licensing to activate features on the OcNOS-CSR powered white box switches and routers which allows service providers to customize and schedule investments in their networks for a time when network growth and customer demand justify the investment.
About IP Infusion
IP Infusion, the leader in disaggregated networking solutions, delivers enterprise and carrier-grade software solutions allowing network operators to reduce network costs, increase flexibility, and to deploy new features and services quickly. IP Infusion’s OcNOS, the industry’s first enterprise and carrier-grade network operating system for Open Compute hardware, allows for easier implementation of large-scale IT networks, and offers customers white box solutions to deploy more quickly. VirNOS, an NFV-based software platform, provides carriers and enterprises with a cost-effective network OS approach to implement and manage their networking services. With the OcNOS and VirNOS network operating systems, both powered by ZebOS, IP Infusion offers network operators, carriers, and enterprises with the physical and virtual software solutions they need to achieve the disaggregated networking model. Over 300 customers worldwide, including major networking equipment manufacturers, use IP Infusion’s respected ZebOS platform to build networks to address the evolving needs of cloud, carrier and mobile networking. IP Infusion is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at http://www.ipinfusion.com.
IP Infusion, ZebOS, VirNOS and OcNOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. ACCESS is registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.