Aerohive Networks is pioneering a next-generation enterprise wireless LAN architecture. Aerohive's cooperative control wireless LAN architecture eliminates wireless LAN controllers, providing all the management, mobility, and security of controller-based architectures without the cost, capacity, performance and availability issues associated with controller deployments. In addition, Aerohive solutions provide the reliability and scalability necessary for mission-critical networks and are optimized for voice over wireless LAN (VoWLAN) applications.
Aerohive Networks unleashes the potential of enterprise Wi-Fi, enabling customers to stop buying copper, move applications to the air, and maximize workforce productivity. The company's award-winning cooperative control architecture eliminates costly controllers, saving money and providing unprecedented resiliency, up to 10X better application performance, and an opportunity to start small and expand without limitations.
Aerohive's cooperative control wireless LAN architecture pushes network control and data forwarding to wireless LAN access points at the edge of the network, providing important business benefits, including:
- Linear pricing and lower cost, including both in very small (branch) and in very large (campus) deployments
- Scalable, latency-optimized performance, supporting applications such as voice over wireless LAN (VoWLAN) and the ability to scale to 802.11n performance and beyond
- High availability and mesh redundancy for mission-critical applications
- Lower complexity for easier deployment, maintenance, and management
- More straightforward migration from first-generation access points
- More effective security and policy enforcement
- Single architecture that effectively covers the entire enterprise from single AP locations, to branch offices, large headquarters locations and even open spaces
- Cost effective solution for convenience networks that can seamlessly scale to support mission-critical applications as needed