Genesys Multicloud CX Private Edition: Creating New Options for Enterprise Contact Centers
As industry influencers, we have received feedback from multiple clients that a private cloud solution is consistently better than a public cloud solution, with better control over security issues, shared resources, and possible contention (and thus possible busy conditions) with multiple businesses in a public environment. So where can an enterprise go when looking for the benefits of cloud paired with the higher control of an on-prem solution?
Genesys recently announced general availability for Genesys Multicloud CX™ private edition. It is the first cloud-native contact center solution based upon containerized microservices and orchestrated with Kubernetes. Customers or partners have the option to deploy Genesys Multicloud CX private edition in their private cloud environment or in a public cloud infrastructure.
To date, most contact center vendors have deployed their cloud contact center solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS). But for various reasons, many enterprises have been considering options outside AWS to deploy their solutions.
Genesys Multicloud CX private edition gives you exactly that flexibility. It provides the option to implement on a public cloud vendor of your choice, including AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. It also allows enterprises to deploy on their own private cloud infrastructure. In all cases, the customer manages and controls their solution themselves.
The microservices and containerization are orchestrated with Kubernetes, the open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and managing containerized applications. Kubernetes is offered as Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Services, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service. Red Hat OpenShift is also available as a private cloud infrastructure option.
Kubernetes provides the advantage of partitioning the resources it manages into non-overlapping sets; it’s intended for use in environments with many users spread across multiple teams, projects, or environments such as development, test, and production.
The Ideal Customer for Genesys Multicloud CX private edition
Genesys has developed this offering as a response to those organizations who:
- Are large enterprises with data regulations, such as PCI and HIPAA compliance
- Have complex IT environments
- Currently use legacy premises-based contact center solutions with a desire to start their move to the cloud
- Are complex, seasoned contact centers that require the latest in technology available that's “already built”
- Have high-level SLA requirements that the contact center provider needs to match or exceed
Vertical markets that are a good fit for this solution include telecommunications, government, financial services, healthcare, retail, and BPO, among others.
Benefits of Private Edition
So why consider Genesys Multicloud CX private edition for your enterprise? Consumer and business-to-business markets recognize customer experience as the main driver for buying from an organization over product and price — making it necessary for organizations to invest in new tools such as workforce engagement management and AI. Organizations are also looking for better SLAs for their respective contact centers. In some cases, customers are slowly expecting near zero average hold times and no abandoned calls. Genesys Multicloud CX private edition addresses these needs for large enterprises as follows:
- An all-in-one omnichannel approach: Genesys Multicloud CX private edition offers multiple channels necessary for a great customer experience in today’s market, including calls, emails, chats, messages and social media comments into one uninterrupted conversation. An enterprise can get every feature and function they are considering in an omnichannel contact center already fully built out with the ability to turn on as needed — and all handled on a unified agent desktop.
- Speed to innovation: Enterprises don’t have wait and plan for annual updates and upgrades. According to Genesys, a single codebase for Genesys Multicloud CX will deliver a continuous stream of new features, functions and fixes as containerization and Kubernetes orchestration speeds up deployment and offers portability across cloud providers.
- Native cloud benefits: Contact center cloud investments are where the industry has moved, and the advantages of new releases, innovations, features and functions are all available in a cloud contact center platform that can be updated in an automated way literally overnight. With the advantage of AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure, this cloud model provides a self-healing infrastructure that can scale and provide dynamic backup as required.
- Data security and regulations: Companies in industries that require strict data security and regulations such as HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, and PECR compliance require, in many cases, a customizable architecture across all multiple global regions, ensuring that assets remain local and secure.
- Cloud the enterprise’s way: An organization’s choice for AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure is becoming a core component of their overall cloud strategy. National outages in the last 12 months have forced enterprises to consider the most reliable and flexible platform for their needs, which will vary by the enterprise. By leveraging these IaaS options, Genesys Multicloud CX private edition provides a choice for enterprises that are looking to customize and own their own enterprise in the cloud.
Genesys Multicloud CX private edition also provides a level of control that we as industry influencers have yet to see in the cloud market. For example, an organization now has better control over:
- Speed to innovation with continuous delivery of new features, functions and fixes
- Security and privacy
- The cloud provider where the software and data reside
- How and when all the software is updated within the environment
- Access to the contact center infrastructure and its privileges
- Who operates the actual software
- Infrastructure cost savings based on autoscaling, load balancing, automated deployment, and powerful monitoring available in a private cloud solution
The Migration Advantage
For those enterprises that are already on the Genesys premises-based solution, Genesys Multicloud CX private edition provides the advantage of bringing the two systems together at an organization’s pace. A large enterprise can consider deploying new acquisitions on Genesys Multicloud CX private edition while maintaining an existing premises-based solution. Both systems can be integrated on an as-needed basis as an organization begins to migrate from a premises- to a cloud-based solution. The big advantage here, of course, is a private cloud solution that’s on your infrastructure of choice. This means a level of control that you wouldn’t otherwise have as an enterprise in a public cloud-based infrastructure.
From an Industry Influencer Vantage Point
As the cloud contact center market continues to grow dramatically — partially driven by a global pandemic and an increased expectation for enhanced customer experience that exerts an impact on SLAs — this Kubernetes-based CCaaS solution provides an option that we have yet to see. Through a Kubernetes environment, Genesys now provides larger organizations better security, better control, better measures for cost savings, and a choice of a cloud solution among Amazon, Google, Microsoft and private cloud solutions.
I think this is an exciting time in our industry as organizations are looking for high reliability and security in a cloud solution. Enterprises with traditional SLAs for uptime of 99.999% are now approaching the cloud market with these new offerings from companies like Genesys. Such a high reliability model encourages confidence among large enterprises that are used to controlling their own environment and their destiny with a premises-based solution.
Part of the challenge over the last few years for CCaaS providers is that, in a cloud-based model, an enterprise gives up control over its environment to an outside company. This new approach toward a containerized environment on the platform of an organization’s choice provides new options to enterprises. High reliability is the key to exceeding demanding SLAs developed internally to satisfy the customer while positioning at-work and at-home contact center agents for greater flexibility. In my opinion, this level of reliability and control is that next generation of cloud contact center solutions that will be appreciated going forward, and really should be embraced by any organization that seeks high reliability, more control, and better security.
Summary and Conclusion
Today’s cloud contact center market for larger enterprises requires a private cloud solution and better control over one’s destiny, similar to what we have experienced in the premises-based market. While this is not 100% control as with on-premises, this is the next level of reliability, security and redundancy that one can now control for deployment, testing, moves, adds, and changes that changes, and overall control of their own environment. This market also provides a full set of features and functions now included in the new platform — plus easy access to updates and future innovations.
If you are a large enterprise looking to start benefiting from the benefits of cloud while maintaining maximum control, take a closer look at Genesys Multicloud CX private edition because it provides options that have yet to be seen in the CCaaS market.