Intermedia Unite™ Drives Greater Mobility and Collaboration With New Chat Integration and Enhanced Mobile & Desktop Apps
Intermedia, a cloud communications and collaboration provider, announced the addition of new chat functionality and an enhanced mobile and desktop experience to Intermedia Unite™– the all-in-one, easy-to-use, cloud-based Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and the partners that serve them.
Intermedia Unite users can now use the enhanced desktop and mobile experience to chat with colleagues, place and receive calls, see who is available, hold web/video conferences, and share their screens and files – whether in the office or on-the-go – all from one application.
Key benefits include:
- One application for collaboration – phone, video, chat, and file/screen sharing are all integrated and accessed from a single location, allowing users to quickly and easily collaborate
- Connection on-the-go – with the integrated mobile app, Unite goes where users go, providing a complete, seamless communications experience, whether in the office or on-the-go
- Intermedia Unite is backed by Intermedia’s J.D. Power-certified 24/7 support and a 99.999% uptime service level agreement
Findings from a recent study conducted by Branded Research Inc., an independent market research organization, entitled the Workplace Communications Report, reveal that a cohesive desktop and mobile experience is crucial to driving greater organizational mobility, collaboration, and productivity. Highlights from the report include:
- 72% of knowledge workers limit the number of applications they have on their mobile phones to avoid becoming overwhelmed—highlighting the need for just one integrated app to keep things simple
- More than one-in-four survey respondents say they would not take a position at a company that did not offer certain tools for communicating, including: a mobile phone (30%), video and conferencing services (28%), or instant messaging (27%)
- 59% of knowledge workers say they always prefer using video conferencing over work travel, with 73% of knowledge workers who work remotely half the time or more saying work-related travel has been reduced due to the availability of video and web conferencing services
“We know that our users find value in mobile and desktop communications and collaboration applications, but we also know that ‘app overload’ can lead to low adoption and ultimately hurt productivity. That’s why it’s so important to offer a fully integrated UCaaS experience through a single app for your device,” said Irina Shamkova, Intermedia’s SVP of Product Management. “With integrated chat, calling, video conferencing, file sharing, and more, Intermedia Unite’s mobile and desktop apps foster a more collaborative, mobile and efficient work environment. Unite also enables businesses to reduce the time and expense of work travel, as well as attract and retain top talent.”
Enabling greater partner success
Channel partners know Intermedia for providing the products and services their customers want—and as the partner-first company that helps provide the channel with great margins, profitability, and long-term customer relationships. The addition of these recent features to Intermedia Unite is just another indication of Intermedia’s strategic and active dedication to the importance of meeting both of these needs. Intermedia Unite is a robust, easy-to-use, and highly secure and reliable solution that keeps businesses better connected, and it gives partners an even more powerful and comprehensive product to sell. As always, Intermedia provides complete marketing, sales, and service support to partners before, during, and after the sale. This 360o commitment to partner success helps enable partners to not only realize very attractive margins, but to keep more of what they make.