netsapiens Introduces Advanced Features and Updates to SNAPsolution Unified Communications Software Platform
The new features and updates include an enhanced portal security, PUSH support for SNAPmobile and E911 improvements
netsapiens, a provider of unified communications (UC) services and feature-sets to service providers and large enterprises, announces today that it has launched new features and made significant upgrades to its SNAPsolution unified communications software platform. The updates are provided to all existing SNAPsolution users through netsapiens’ maintenance and support program. Designed to enhance the user’s “unified experience,” the new upgrades empower users to keep pace with the evolving needs of their customers.
“We never stop improving on our SNAPsolution UC platform,” states Dave George - SVP and General Manager of netsapiens. “These new features and overall enhancements are a product of our team philosophy to provide the single best UC solution to our customers. Because their requirements aren’t static, we work directly with them to understand and address their needs completely. By providing a truly unified experience, we enable our clients, in turn, to serve their own customers’ demands.”
SNAPsolution is powered by netsapiens’ custom-built unified communications software platform. The platform permits SNAPsolution components and features to be bundled and provided to netsapiens’ partners as part of an all-inclusive package. The package can then be unbundled and offered to their customers on an “as needed” basis - providing our partners a UC software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution with extreme flexibility, product and package customization.
The latest SNAPsolution product features and enhancement include:
- Enhanced Portal Security
- Listen/Whisper/Barge-in via DTMF and Dial translation
- Mid-call recording redaction via DTMF- ability to pause a recording and resume via DTMF
- PUSH support for SNAPmobile iOS and SNAPmobile Android
- Parktrieve Application Responder- option to bypass devices that may not support single button park/retrieve
- Voicemail Distribution List - also known as deep copy voicemail. Copy to other users on the domain, each controlling what happens to their own copy of the voicemail
- Auto-Attendants- General improvements and added timeframe column in the AA index
- P-asserted ID tag override per Trunk
- Separate Domain Call Limits
- Simplified SIP Trunk Registration
- User import improvements in the portal
- Video Conference BETA improvements
- 911 Caller ID
- Setting 911 Caller ID per device
- Setting 911 Caller ID default per domain
- Improved character validation
For more information, please visit www.netsapiens.com.