Tips for Using the Site
Navigating the Site
There are three primary ways to navigate the site.
- Browsing items on the Home Page. You can always return to the Home Page by clicking the BCS logo at the top left of any page on the site.
- Using Menu selections at the top of each page
- Using the Faceted Search facility
Home page content is divided into four sections:
- Experts Articles and Podcast Carousel – Scroll through 100 items using the ( < > ) controls on the right side of the section heading
- Gnavuest, Staff & Vendor Contributed Article Carousel – Scroll through 100 items using the ( < > ) controls on the right side of the section heading
- Featured Content section
- Resources section
There are menus at the top of the every page on the site.
Hovering over a menu item will display its contents. Once displayed you must move your cursor away for them to “roll-up”.
Faceted Search Facility
The entire site is fully indexed with a number of tags plus keywords. The Search box is at the top right of Home page. See more details below.
Can Register or Login by selecting these items at the top right corner of the Home page. Your ability to access content on the site is determined by how much information you provide while registering.
Search Facility Navigation
You can begin a search by entering a search term in the search box at the right top corner of any page or, just clicking on the search icon (next to the search box) without entering any search term which will start your search with ALL site content).
Once on the search page, you can narrow or expand your search down by selecting facets in the facet selection column on right hand side of the page.
Any facet with a ( > ) next to it may be expanded by clicking the ( > ). Any facet with a ( V ) next to it may be narrowed by clicking the ( V ) next to it.
To clear a facet, you can deselect it by clicking the ( X ) in the facet title at the top of the page or deselect it by clicking on it in the facet selection column.
You can start, or narrow any search in progress, by entering a search term in the search box at the top of the Search page.
To improve readability, facets categories can be expanded or collapsed by clicking the arrows ( > ) next to the facets. This applies to sub-facets as well.
All content has an “ Objectivity Rating” ranging from 1 (most objective) to 4 (least objective) . The position of the short blue bar along a longer yellow bar denotes this.
Also see "How to use our website" for more information.